This policy applies to information held about customers and prospective customers, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons about whom verycollectable holds information. By ‘information,’ this means personal information about you that verycollectable.com use, share and store.
Information we collect about you
We may collect and store the following types of information about you when you visit our site or by corresponding with us, for example, by e-mail. This includes information you provide when registering to use our sites or sharing any data via our social media functions.
The information given to us may include:
- your name
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number
- when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language
- information about you that you give us in person by filling in forms on verycollectable.com
- information in relation to your purchase of our artwork, antiques or use of our services
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
- collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience;
- running our business
- to make sure you receive updated information from us;
- to provide the services you have requested and
- for our own marketing, research and development.
How we use your information
We use your information to:
- provide information about our services
- keep you informed about verycollectable.com
- communicate with you
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- keep our site safe and secure
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations, and
- for security and to check your identity.
Will we share your information with third parties?
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will never sell or lease your personal information to third parties. We may share your information if we have your permission with the following categories of companies, only if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate
- to ask us to erase your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent)
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section
- to restrict the processing of your personal data
Where you are one of our customers or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about our services. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
Security and storage of your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers.
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. This analytical tool uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google.
This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for this website. To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org, or to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will not (and will not allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither ourselves nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
Links to other sites
Our site may contain links to other websites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website. Once you link to another
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Children under 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.